The Southern Designer Showcase began in 2012 to celebrate the regional Southern designers who embody Belk’s Modern. Southern. Style.
This year’s five winners were selected out of 13 finalists from dozens of applicants.
The celebration was the first step of a nine-month journey to potential stardom for these up-and-coming designers.
This year’s Southern Designer Showcase winners are:
- Symbology: Marissa Heyl; Grapevine, Texas, women’s apparel
- Agape Gems: Courtney Johnson; Atlanta, Georgia, women’s accessories
- Natalie Wood Designs: Natalie & Ken Wood, Irving, Texas, women’s accessories
- Gigi Carreras: Mia Carreras; Snellville, Georgia, women’s apparel
- Veronica Ramirez: Veronica Ramirez; Sharpsburg, Georgia, women’s apparel
Shop Belk in 16 Southern states and on www.belk.com to find an assortment of national brands and private-label fashion, shoes and accessories for the entire family, along with top-name cosmetics, a wedding registry and southern style for the home.
Southern Designer Showcase winners receive a cash prize and the opportunity to learn about the fashion industry from a brand with more than 125 years of experience.
Their designs are sold in store and online next to top names in fashion. From concept to production and merchandising, the Southern Designer Showcase winners will refine their lines for the Belk shopper, learn about production at scale and experience in-store and online merchandising firsthand.