As seen on runways including Gucci, Versace, and Valentino, full, fluttery lashes are a major beauty trend this fall. But, short of resorting to faux versions, how do you achieve them? New from Hourglass Cosmetics is Film Noir Lash Lacquer, an inky black topcoat layered over your mascara to create volume, shine and inky black drama. The best part: Lash Lacquer mimics the look of fake lashes without the application difficulties. Learn how to create scene-stealing looks for day and night by visiting Sephora at Lenox Square this Saturday. The Hourglass artistry team will be demonstrating Lash Lacquer as well as some of fall’s most glamorous looks.
To preview the event, the Hourglass team shared some of their eye tips with TopAtlantaLuxury.com:
• Always start by curling lashes to makes eyes look wider, brighter and more expansive.
• Amplify the lash line by lining eyes with a micro-fine liquid liner such as Hourglass Script Precision Liquid Liner. To elevate the look further, create a modern-day cat-eye. Wing out the top line first and then connect with the bottom from the corner of the eye.
• Follow with an all-purpose mascara that defines, elongates and thickens lashes, like Hourglass Film Noir Mascara. Lash Lacquer works best when lashes are already coated with a defining mascara.
• Finish with a few coats of Film Noir Lash Lacquer. Using the tip of the brush, coat lashes from underneath using an upward motion. For maximum impact, apply along the entire lash line in short painterly strokes. Lash Lacquer is also excellent for giving bottom lashes definition.
• Pair strong lashes with metallic smoky eyes and bold red lips for fall. If red’s not your thing, try a neutral lip, a look we also saw on fall runways.
The Hourglass team will be at Sephora Lenox Square on Saturday October 15 between 12-6pm. 3393 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, (404) 816-0123.